Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 15, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myHIVteam Member

Theres HIV housing services here in CA. My friend in NC got emergency assistance here. It's a crap-shoot, others on are waitlists for years.

December 17, 2024 (edited)
A myHIVteam Member

I had the same experience in Chicago. I've found that their services were limited unless you were really homeless. Or the waiting list was so long that you'd be homeless anyway. Or they were income based. Try reaching out to your city and see if there are any rental assistance agencies. Even those can be tricky, because you have to be employed. Look into Catholic Charities. I think they are nationwide. I know they provide rental and utility assistance. Sometimes I call up to Ryan White if I have a question. They have a way of getting ahold to your local people in your behalf to get you assistance. Just get on their website and start calling numbers. That's what I do.

December 24, 2024 (edited)
A myHIVteam Member

I'm so sorry your experiencing this situation. If I were you I would call my senator and my house rep and demand to know where in nebraska a person with HIV can get housing assistance. Believe you me they will call you back with the information. You must be your own voice in these situations as the resources are being skimmed down. But do not give up You can find them but you must be resourceful.

December 17, 2024 (edited)
A myHIVteam Member

Its a sad situation that in the more remote States of the Union, their seems to be a lack of services for people with HIV. Is there any chance you could move to one of the more HIV friendly States?

December 17, 2024
myHIVteam

If you're in Nebraska and struggling with housing and HIV-related support, consider reaching out to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. They provide medical care, housing assistance, and other services for eligible individuals. Additionally, patient assistance programs (PAPs) can help with medication costs. For housing, local Show Full Answer

If you're in Nebraska and struggling with housing and HIV-related support, consider reaching out to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. They provide medical care, housing assistance, and other services for eligible individuals. Additionally, patient assistance programs (PAPs) can help with medication costs. For housing, local nonprofits or health centers may offer support. You can also explore resources at url: https://www.myHIVteam.com/resources/programs-to....

December 15, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In