I asked this question to the forum about a year ago. A lot has happened in one year. Ironically I just had an appt.with my Psychologist today. I asked him if his clients are feeling more depressed, overwhelmed these days because of inflation, our democracy in question with the midterms, catastrophic climatic events, or other things. He said many clients feel that way, but it is very individual to what extent. For me, I tend to have this feeling of catastrophe, or often looking a worse case… read more
Answer Summary
On World Mental Health Day, members opened up about how they are coping with stress from world events, financial pressures, health challenges,... Read more
I read positive and inspirational messgaes and spend much of my time helping others either online or in person. I find "getting out of my head" helps me the most to turn off negative spiraling thoughts! Seeing that I actually have it pretty good compared to what others are encountering helps to put my life in perspective!
Haven't had too difficult of a time with all that's going on around me. I take it one day at a time and tackle things as they pop up. I belong to The Reunion Project which is comprised of a lot of LTS. I'm also active in my local HIV/AIDS arena. If you're not already doing so, try to become involved with some organization to keep yourself mentally challenged. And your doc is right. Don't watch so many news stories. Best of the good to you. 4
the 2 sleep study events went well. They found that through conditioning of my body to get up once I woke with a start every night was caused by a extreme case of sleep apnea. In fact I wake between 300-500 times in a night. Since my nights are in fact 4 hours or less I don't sleep but wake almost all night. I never reach REM sleep and therefore always am exhausted. So I am in line for a CPAC machine which we try for a month to see if you can sleep with the mask on. The CT scan came back and no reoccurrence of Cancer. Aside from the sleep no other problems.
@A myHIVteam Member, how did your sleep study and brain scan go?
today i am actually relaxing. taking things slow today. may everyone's day be peaceful as well today.