Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I’m sorta freaking out rn! I can’t remember if I had accidentally taken my medicine this morning or not because it wasn’t there when I went to take it just now. I have NEVER missed my medicine so I’m panicking a bit! I’m debating if I should take tomorrow’s dose today and replace tomorrow’s or just relax and hope I took it mistakenly too early today?!! #worried

May 6, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone panicking about potentially missing or double-dosing their HIV medication, with the overwhelming consensus... Read more

Members rallied around someone panicking about potentially missing or double-dosing their HIV medication, with the overwhelming consensus being that skipping one dose will not cause them to become detectable again and doubling up is unnecessary. Several members shared practical strategies they use to avoid this common worry, including weekly pill organizers, setting daily phone alarms, turning pill bottles upside down after taking them, and keeping memo pads to track doses. A recurring theme was reassurance that this happens to everyone in the community, that one missed dose will not break their treatment progress, and that when in doubt it is safer to wait for the next scheduled dose rather than risk taking it twice.

A myHIVteam Member

We all have done what you did. I agree with what @A myHIVteam Member said if you can't remember take as soon as possible or the next day. I put a system in place I turn the bottles upside down when I take it and back over the next morning it works for me but do what works for you Pastor David

May 6, 2021
A myHIVteam Member

Ive missed doses before and my doctor told me to take one as soon as i remember. But if i cant remember, i dont till the next day. One time i accidentally took it twice and it made me sick. I started using a pill box as much as i hate it but it works. That way you will know for sure. You’ll be fine just dont stress about it because that will only be harder on your immune system. 😎

May 6, 2021
A myHIVteam Member

I never really know if I've taken it twice to be honest. My memory is shot. People think I'm being dramatic but I truly cant remember 30 minutes ago sometimes.

May 7, 2021
A myHIVteam Member

I to have this problem once I get a memo pad and write down the date that I took it

May 7, 2021
A myHIVteam Member

one day will not hurt you if you missed it. I have alarms set on my phone to remind me it's time to take them. I have mine in a 28 day pill box.

May 6, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Near Deltona, FL

A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL