Hi everyone. I have a question. Last year, I had to have a total knee replacement. The surgeon told me that I'm kinda young to have needed this type of surgery. There was no cartilage remaining in my knee, and because of the pain, I had the surgery. My knee feels so much better now. In June, I found out I have high blood pressure. Next, over the past two months, July & August, I've had two mini-strokes. I was told that conditions like these that usually happen to people in their 70s and older… read more
With the knee replacement it can depend on what you did in your younger years and currently. This could be one explanation.
Yes stokes usually occurs when you are older but it isn’t uncommon for younger people to get a stroke. The question is what is causing the strokes
Again high blood pressure is totally restricted to older adults. It could possibly be a side affect of any medication you take.
What you've been through sounds really challenging, and it's completely understandable to want answers. To address your question directly — yes, what your doctor told you is accurate. HIV can accelerate the body's aging process, which means some conditions typically seen in older adults can appear earlier in people living Show Full Answer