@A myHIVteam Member my primary care doctor diagnosed me as well.
Your primary care doctor will still be your primary care doctor for colds, flu, boo-boos, checkups, physicals etc. They will leave all the infectious care to the more trained infectious disease doctor. You will see your primary care doctor as you always have, you will only see your infectious disease doctor just for your HIV, and things related to your HIV.
That is what is going on....my family Dr. Diagnosed me at first and I was transferred over into infectious disease. I just thought it being out to just see me twice a year.
I am unsure of what to do . My primary doctor. Which I have had ,30 years does well by me. Has a schedule health maintenance checkup routine. I expect at least this. But feel tossed aside
It sounds like you're in the middle of transitioning your HIV care from your primary doctor to an infectious disease specialist. This is actually a common and positive step in managing HIV.
What happens next typically depends on what you and your specialist discussed during those two visits. Usually, your infectious Show Full Answer
I let my primary care manage my whole team. I have a ton of specialists do to having to major diseases. I make sure all specialists talk to him. If my primary sees or hears something he is not happy with he contacts me and have a discussion. Then he calls the specialist back. Been with him over 20 years he is the best.