Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Riverside, CA

I gain so much weight only on my belly and higher belly and it's been hard to loose ,was wondering if it's HIV RELATED.

August 8, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myHIVteam Member

Yes, I was diagnosed 6 months ago and was put on Biktarvi. I have gained 16 pounds, even though I go to the gym a lot and am eating decent food. My body is changing in ways I cant figure out. My waist is one size smaller sorry I guess that extra weight has gone to my belly?!

August 10, 2023
myHIVteam

The context provided does not specifically mention Biktarvy in relation to developing a hard belly. However, it does discuss that some people living with HIV experience hard belly, a form of lipodystrophy, which can be associated with antiretroviral therapy (ART) medications. If you have concerns about Biktarvy or any other Show Full Answer

The context provided does not specifically mention Biktarvy in relation to developing a hard belly. However, it does discuss that some people living with HIV experience hard belly, a form of lipodystrophy, which can be associated with antiretroviral therapy (ART) medications. If you have concerns about Biktarvy or any other medication, it's important to discuss them with your healthcare provider.

August 2, 2024
A myHIVteam Member

I think so I have too gain weight it nothing to be ashamed of..... I just don't won't to gain no more

August 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In