Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

When I found my results online at my patient portal the results had been there for days and my primary care Dr had not tried to contact me once. When I tried to contact her she didn't return my calls and refused to see me saying that I needed to see a infectious disease Dr. It took almost 2 months to get an appointment but finally I was seen by a infectious disease Dr but I've only had my count checked once is this the "norm"?

December 11, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A myHIVteam Member

Ever 6 Months Is Good...

December 19, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

No that is not in the norm.

December 13, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

I see my doctor every 6 months

December 19, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

My doctor called ask asked me to come in and talk about my test results. I said no, tell me over the phone. She had the Community Health Center call me right away and make appointment. Once I had appointment I went on meds right away. From there it has been every six months.

December 12, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

F- No. You have to at least know where you are on the spectrum. You could be walking around here with advanced HIV and need meds. Try to find an outreach center that is willing to link you with care and resources.

December 12, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In