I really don't enjoy holidays alone now. Daughter and grandson are in the military and home alone. But I promise I make the best out just being all by myself
Family time with the grandchildren, no toys, just cash. Go out to eat something fancy. Beach the next day, spending the entire day at the ⛱ beach doing a potluck with the extended family. When it snows in Hawaii, it is up at the volcano summits far from the beaches but accessible for building a snow man in the tropics.
maybe go to sisters this year was by myself which is ok too
we might just stay in let this holiday go this year..... same was for thanksgiving
I will cook dinner for 5. Ham, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes home canned veggies, rolls and pumpkin pies with whipped cream. My son will bring some food and pecan pie.
After that a quick clean up. Also football on tv. Play some pool and sleep.