Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHIVteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Geneva, IL

With Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas upon us, I wanted to take a moment to go back in time.
For those of us who enjoy these festivities like Halloween, do you engage in parties or give out candies or dress up for Halloween Eve?๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป

September 26, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared warm memories and traditions around Halloween, with many describing how they celebrate by dressing up in creative costumes,... Read more

Members shared warm memories and traditions around Halloween, with many describing how they celebrate by dressing up in creative costumes, taking children or grandchildren trick-or-treating through their neighborhoods, and passing out candy or small gifts like school supplies and coins to local kids. Several members reflected on personal reasons for not participating, including past traumatic experiences, religious beliefs, safety concerns, or simply preferring quieter celebrations like watching Halloween movies at home. A recurring theme was the joy of seeing children dressed up and creating special moments for family, balanced with an awareness that not everyone celebrates the holiday in the same way or at all.

A myHIVteam Member

I can't wait. I ride around town. Halloween is so much fun for the kids big and small.

September 27, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

I forgot to mention that Hocus Pocus 2 will premiere on Sept 30, 2022
A 29-year gap from the original.
The original cast still looks fabulous. What can I say! Makeup works wonders/miracles LOL!

September 28, 2022 (edited)
A myHIVteam Member

No i don't

November 8, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

Yes I gave candy to all the kids in my family. I get to see the kids dress up as the favorite characters.

November 1, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

As a Christian I don't put up decorations, but my family goes all out for Halloween. Last year we did a haunted house at my mom's (she didn't like it, but everything was downstairs and she stayed upstairs). It was fun. And I watch my family dress up.

September 27, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Geneva, IL

A myHIVteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Geneva, IL

A myHIVteam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
New York, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In