Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

With everything that is going on in today's world , how do you manage to keep everything in balance, or do you?

July 19, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared what keeps them going amid life's challenges, with faith in God emerging as the most common anchor, along with family, pets,... Read more

Members shared what keeps them going amid life's challenges, with faith in God emerging as the most common anchor, along with family, pets, staying busy with work or hobbies, and limiting exposure to negative news and social media. Several members described practical tools that help them maintain balance, including therapy and medication, twelve-step recovery programs, time in nature, meditation, creative outlets like cooking and designing, and escaping into books, games, or travel. A recurring theme was taking life one day at a time, finding gratitude in small blessings, staying connected to supportive communities, and choosing to focus on the positive rather than dwelling on what cannot be controlled.

A myHIVteam Member

My relationship with God,my friends, and my career keep me going, I also belong to a 12 step program that addresses all my fears and worries and stresses.

August 10, 2022
A myHIVteam Member
August 3, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

I finally realized how much God loves me. I used to worry about everything but it's such a waste of time. I've always kind of been a solitary person. And I really don't mind being by myself. I also live in an area where I can get out and walk and be in the woods and get back to nature. It really helps.

August 3, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

I manage to keep everything in balance by understanding that everything are blessings we receive whether a negative situation or a positive one the end result is a blessing. If negative something positive will come of it. If positive I am blessed because I am living my greatness!

August 2, 2022
A myHIVteam Member

Hello everyone for me to keep it going I really haven't time to fall apart I'm a positive note in your life God's protect s me from the weird and I try to stay focused on you I love you all a lending ear is who ami

July 23, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Geneva, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In