I've been thinking lately..Covid 19 caused as much fear at first and took many lives,but over time the stigma around it reduced. I wonder why HIV,even with treatment and long lives still carries so much stigma. What do you think changed for Covid??
I think there is more of a stigma against COVID. Every time I see it hear someone has it, I immediately classify it as cooties. Most folks with HIV are on ARTs and are undetectable. I tend to look at the COVID folks as being too smooth brained to get vaccinated. This is a lifestyle choice.
Why does HIV still carry so much stigma compared to COVID-19?
Happy New Year! That's a really thoughtful question. The difference in stigma between COVID-19 and HIV comes down to a few key factors.
COVID-19 affected everyone broadly and quickly, making it feel like a shared experience. Because it spread so rapidly across Show Full Answer