Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmore, MI
February 24, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members reflected deeply on gratitude in response to a question about expressing appreciation for what they have, with many acknowledging they... Read more

Members reflected deeply on gratitude in response to a question about expressing appreciation for what they have, with many acknowledging they don't express it enough despite recognizing their blessings. Several members shared practical gratitude practices that transformed their mental health, including keeping daily gratitude journals before bed, creating morning affirmations while walking, making gratitude lists in recovery programs, and beginning each day with thankfulness for simply waking up. A recurring theme was gratitude for health, supportive relationships, medical teams, basic needs like shelter and food, and faith, with many members emphasizing that appreciation for people matters far more than material possessions and that cultivating gratitude consistently reduces anxiety, depression, and loneliness while opening the door to more blessings.

A myHIVteam Member

I forgot the question. No, I don't show enough appreciation for everything. I've been bipolar for so many years and it's always up and down, rushing to go somewhere and never getting their or falling on my face. I want structure and to be able to discipline myself to do what is right and not what I want to do. I believe a lot of this is from isolating my self from everyone as much as possible. These online things are good but nothing like real people.

March 4, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

This depends, been more of a giver than taker but not expecting returns from both sides.

February 28, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

I see that having a roof over my head makes me grateful and still having my father alive and generally in good health for a 93 yr old man. I only wish that my siblings stopped questioning everything I do. It is none of their business and it is my life.

February 25, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

Being in recovery we learn to create a Gratitude List

I also use song to share thanks. Usually I sing an affirmation to myself as I walk my pup in the morning and evening

My own mantra

"I'm grateful for each day. To see the dawn break. For a home and family "

February 25, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

I am very grateful for what I have and what I do not have. Sometimes what I do not have is a blessing when you are a minimalist and non-material person.
One of my treasures is my books and I am grateful to have them and use them as a reference when I need to.
I am grateful above all to be living and being able to be of service to others by sharing and exchanging wisdom, kindness, compassion, and love.
I am grateful for this wonderful planet and hope that humanity stop destroying it.
I am grateful for my best friend and family member, Sunshine, my cat. I care for him since he was a few days old and now he is 72 in cat years with diabetes and a thyroid problem. I am grateful I could take care of him.
Wow, I could go on and on..............

February 25, 2019

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In