Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myHIVteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Edmore, MI

This is a post I posted over a year ago.
Have you put your HIV doctor in the Provider Directory? You could help people find other providers, if they are having problems with their doctor and wants to switch providers. I know it would have come in handy when I wanted to switch my doctor last fall, and there wasn't anything at all listed, not even the doctor i was seeing.

February 5, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a call to add their HIV doctors to the Provider Directory to help others find quality care when switching providers.... Read more

Members responded to a call to add their HIV doctors to the Provider Directory to help others find quality care when switching providers. Several members shared their providers' names and locations, spanning multiple states, with some noting challenges like assigned hospital systems where doctor choice is limited, VA-restricted providers, or technical issues preventing entries from saving properly. A recurring theme was the community's willingness to help others access care, with members encouraging each other to list their doctors and reach out to support if they encountered problems with the directory system.

A myHIVteam Member

I got on disability a year after I applied back in 2010 For that year I lived off my 401k until it was approved,. I received that years back pay. Now that I am partnered. My husband pays the bulk of the household expenses. My check goes for bills and car payment, and I'm still able to give him roughly half my check.I am on the Ryan White program which takes care of my dental. I receive low income help through SS, and between them and my insurance provider all my medications are free (3500.00 a month just for HIV meds for starters). My husband and I can't get married because I would lose all my benefits which is bull@#$!. My case manager at EPIC was also able to get me on Medicaid, though I haven't had to use it, thankfully. I wouldn't have the life I have without my partner. He's also positive but can work full time and has a good job. Very grateful the cosmos brought us together. Later in life but finding a true soulmate can take time.

February 5, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

Yes, my provider is in the dictionary.

February 12, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

Claudia Goulston, University of Utah clinic 1A

February 11, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

I didn't know we could do that, that's why I'm just doing it now. Dr. Derek DeWitt, Fort Myers, FL.

February 7, 2019
A myHIVteam Member

I went ahead and posted the information about the hospital. There were already some people listed for the area but none of them were from the hospital.

February 6, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A myHIVteam Member asked a question 💭
Eureka, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In